Ways of Using Color in Small Spaces
It is considered that using color in small spaces can make the place look even smaller. But there are certain ways to brighten up your place without that. Make your room appear bigger using the same color scheme in your next room. This will help reduce lines between the two rooms given that they lie in the same line of sight. Rooms that are open to each other and are not separated by wall painted in one color scheme will appear bigger.
On the other hand, using solid color to make room appear deeper. If you have an arched kitchen that is connected to your dining room you can accentuate and deepen the kitchen with some solid color, which harmonizes with the color of your dining room.
Dividing the wall into blocks with layers of color or using stripes to stretch walls can help create receding scheme that will add depth to the room and make the small space appear bigger.
Using accents of deep or bright colors around the room through accessories against the neutrals will also help jazz up as well as make the small spaces bigger.
Often the small spaces are decorated in white so in order to brighten up your decor a little, use some neutral tones as accents or patterns in the curtains or part of the wall. Thus it will keep the room atmosphere calm and yet interesting.
Another way of using color to broaden the small spaces is painting the ceiling with lighter color than the walls. It will create the feeling of airiness.
- ways of using color
- ways of using colors
- small room colors
- dining room color schemes
- wall colors for small spaces
- wall color for small spaces
- Small Space Color Schemes
- Red color palette for small spaces
- interior color pallettes for small spaces
- different wall colours for small spaces
Latest posts by Mona Liz (see all)
- Delicious Pieces of Furniture In Shape of Your Favorite Foods - July 2, 2015
- 3 Interior Design Solutions That Always Look Good - June 22, 2015
- Most Useful Kitchen Gadgets & Products - June 18, 2015
Leave a Reply