Church House by Ruud Visser Architects
Ruud Visser Architects have transformed an old church into a church with a house inside of it. Architects didn’t want to transform a church into a simple house but they rather wanted to preserve its original atmosphere and allow residents feel being in the church while also being in a house.
The church is located on the river De Rotte in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Originally built in 1930 the church hasn’t be functioning since 1960s. Before it was transformed it was used as a garage and was covered in aluminum plates. Now the house is an independent object in the church. The back side of the church where the choir used to locate the glazed facade is facing the river opening a beautiful view.
The wooden church arches as well as the windows have been preserved while the house’s interior has been designed in modern style in white color scheme that is completed with the wooden beams and arches of the original church.
- church interior design ideas
- church interior color schemes
- small church interior design ideas
- church house
- interior design ideas for churches
Latest posts by Mona Liz (see all)
- Niches In Modern And Ancient Styles - June 15, 2016
- The SleepClean Pillowcase Kills Bacteria With Silver Threads - June 13, 2016
- Kitchen Greenery Decor Ideas - June 10, 2016
Leave a Reply