Old Furniture Decoupage
Getting bored with your home? No funds to change the interior? Turn on your imagination and creativity and give a second birth to your old furniture. Having at hand some paints, glue, lacquer and beautiful illustrations, you can update any furniture, turning it into a unique piece of art.
How to Do Old Furniture Decoupage
You can decorate any surface using decoupage techniques and renew everything in the room, and even the entire apartment.
The word “decoupage” has French roots and translates as “cut”. And speaking very simple language, decoupage can be called a lacquered applique.
Decoupaged bedside table
For furniture decoupage you will need:
- the object for decorating: wardrobe, bedside table, chest of drawers, table, etc.;
- material for decoration: three-layer napkin, illustration, paper, leather, etc.;
- sandpaper (for processing of wood surface);
- 1-2 cm wide brush for glue application. A little wider brush for lacquer application;
- glue for decoupage;
- acrylic lacquer (but if you take a colorless acrylic paint, then the lacquer is not required). If the surface is in contact with water, it is better to use varnish for wood;
- acrylic paints.
Decoupaged coffee table
How to decoupage:
- First you need to cut the picture for application carefully.
- Apply glue to the prepared surface at the site of application. Glue and carefully smooth out the picture. Be sure to let it dry. You can further decorate the surface with acrylic paints to give expression or greater identity to the pattern. Also, using the paint try to achieve the effect of drawing merging with the object surface.
- Apply 2-3 coats of varnish. Be sure to let dry between coats.
To achieve the effect of aging you can use a craquele finish. The lacquer forms cracks of different textures – it depends on the thickness of the applied layer. Then rub an oil paint into the cracks. It will remain only in the pits. Using this technique you will give the furniture a noble vintage look.
Decoupage with craquelure
- decoupage furniture
- can i decoupage napkins on melomlne furniture
- chest of drawers decoupage
- how to renew old table
Leave a Reply