Cottage style interior design
There is actually no such style as cottage. But the aesthetics and designs that can be seen in cottage houses have been incorporated into interior design. Cottage style interior designs are homey and light. There can be many colors schemes but usually the lighter tones and classic combos such as blue and white are seen in the cottage style interior designs. Floral patterns are also the distinctive feature of the style.
The overall feel of the design is informal and imperfect. The floors can be wooden and styled to have an old look. Vintage, second-hand furniture or old re-cycled one can be seen in the cottage style design. Windows are usually light decorated with floral ruched curtains or they can be simply left bare.
Different fabrics can be incorporated to the decor to create a mix and match of textures that will make the place feel somewhat disorganized but, on the other hand, very comfortable.
Any accessories can stand the cottage style. Vintage frames, interesting lamps, cute plates and many other. It looks best when the design is unified by a theme. Rustic style, Victorian or Modern.
- interior design styles
- cottage interior design
- cottage style
- Cottage Interiors
- cottage style interior design
- cottage design
- cottage style decorating
- Victorian style interior design
- cottage decorating interior style
- interior design cottage style
Latest posts by Mona Liz (see all)
- You Won’t Believe What These Rugs Are Made Of - March 1, 2016
- Green Kitchen Design Ideas For Spring - February 26, 2016
- 3 Incredibly Bold And Stylish Ways To Use Brass In Kitchen Design - February 24, 2016
Leave a Reply