7 Distinctive Features of Iconic Arco Lamp
Here is the most notable fact about the lamp Arco: while designing it brothers Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni, tried to create a home version of a street lamp. The project was a success, not only in terms of visual similarity: in the interiors Castiglioni lamp is seen almost as often as the lights on the streets.
How to Distinguish Real Iconic Arco Lamp
Arco lamp by Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni
Arco is one of the most counterfeited design objects of the twentieth century. The designers have developed the lamp in 1962 specifically for Flos. Since then it is produced without interruption. Moreover, several years ago, this Italian brand has ensured that the lamp was the first object of industrial design in the world, whose artistic value was recognized by Italian court. Interestingly, the Arco design has not changed during fifty-two years. But forgers change it as they want.
- If in doubt about the authenticity of the lamp take a tape measure to the store. The lamp’s height is 7.6 ft, width – 7.2 ft. Marble base has the following figures: 1.8 ft and 0.7 ft. Or as an option you can go to the trusted dealers.
- The lamp’s plafond consists of two parts: perforated lens and lampshade. As fifty-two years ago, they are made of polished aluminum and treated by special varnish to shine.
- Marmara base of the lamp weighs about 143 pounds. There is a round hole in the center of gravity, where you can insert any stick like a shaft of a mop when you need to rearrange the fixture from place to place.
- The lamp’s leg is made of stainless steel with a matte finish and consists of three parts. Telescopic design allows to change its length easily.
- Pay attention to finish: edges are blunted from marble base; corners are cut, and small triangles are formed in their place. Connection of marble base and legs is performed without gaps and visible fastenings.
- The perforated diffuser is branded with the logo of the manufacturer from inside. It is another sign of the authenticity of the lamp.
- Remember that the lamp’s base is a vertical bar. This is the only legal option. If you see a lamp whose base is round as “pancake”, do not even hesitate that it is a fake. The same applies to the material. The original can only be made of white Carrara marble. Lamps made of black marble issued one-time, in the anniversary in 2002, but has long been sold out.
- mail yzlivingcity cn
Leave a Reply